Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Past


1968...don't ya just love that Charlie Brown tree?

I snagged this from The Blue Ridge Gal, a blog I just found. She snagged it from someone else, but I don't think she'll mind if I borrow it.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I like to give a pretty package. But I don't mind receiving a gift bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I prefer to cut my own tree, I love to wander the tree farm and I like the smell. That said, I now own two artificial trees. I can put them up earlier and take them down later and not worry about torching my house.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Live trees go up 10 days before and come down two days after Christmas. Artificial goes up the first week of December and comes down New Years Day

4. When do you take the tree down?
See above

5. Do you like egg nog?
I love egg nog! I drink it til I'm sick. Sorry.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Oooo...that was a long time ago. I'm sure there were several lovely dolls and one year I got a guitar but nothing I still own.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Men in general. Dad always says he doesn't need anything. Brother is pretty particular. The ELPH usually is easiest. He gives me a list of websites and item numbers:)

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Sisters. And the Dog. (Heck, she's happy to play with the envelopes my junk mail comes in!)

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope... don't know why either.

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Mail! And we still need to do them + the letter.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A too small sweatshirt with a design cut out on the entire front and blue calico cotton sewn on the inside of the shirt so the calico showed through the holes. Yea. I was so happy.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Bells of St. Mary's

13. When do you start shopping?
Throughout the year really but in earnest just before & after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, but I knew the recipient wanted it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Peanut butter stuffed dates, rolled in powdered sugar. Mom used to make these every year.

16. Lights on the tree?
White only and lots of them!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells, Trans Siberian Orchestra version

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home if we can. This year were going to Macon Christmas Eve to have dinner with MIL and Saturday after Christmas were going up to Tennnessee to visit my folks.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen and of course Rudolph.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve? Christmas Eve??!!?? How can you open your Christmas presents BEFORE Santa delivers them??????????

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The Hill People. You know who I mean those people who come out of where ever it is that they spend the other eleven months of the year. And the traffic!! OMG! Do these people only drive between Thanksgiving and Christmas? That green arrow up there? Yea you! That means TURN NOW!!!! Where DO these people come from?

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Silver & Gold

24. Favorite Christmas memory?
When I was little, less than 6, my Aunts & Uncles and Cousins would all gather at Grandma & Grandpa's, my Mom's parents. They had one of those white aluminum trees and Grandma put only red ball ornaments on it. They had one of those

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A GPS. I could get lost in a paper bag.