Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving Thursday

Visit KD over at A Bit Squirrelly for more

Thanksgiving Edition
This is my Family, Thanksgiving 2007.

Thats my sister S and her family there on the left. Me and the ELPH are next then Mom & Dad. Next is sister P and her Hubby and their twin girls. Then my brother J and his wife on the right. I am so thankful we were all able to get together last year.

We're all over the map these days; S in Virginia, Mom & Dad in Tennessee, P in Chicago, J in California and it's rare that we're all in the same place at the same time. We made a special effort that year. See Mom has a condition called Vascular Dementia. It’s a blockage of the main artery in the brain that slowly chokes off the blood supply and causes irreversible brain damage and eventually a stroke and death. At this 2007 Thanksgiving she recognized most of us as her children. She laughed and played with the kids and joined in as much of the coversation as she was able. She had good moments and better ones. Last week I went up to visit Mom & Dad and for the first time she had no idea who I was. For the entire visit. I didn’t mean for this to be a heart aching post. I just meant to express how much it meant to me that we had all been together.

Hold your families close. Not just during the holidays but always. Forgive grudges, agree to dissagree. Tell them you love them. Everyday. Even if the don't remember your name.