Monday, November 10, 2008

Some Today - Some Tomorrow

This post quickly got out of had as several people requested the stories behind some of my answers. So I'll post the short answers today and the stories tomorrow.

Confession: I may have stretched the truth just a bit, on a couple of these. In an effort to lift the guilt I have reveled them here.

12. Watched a lightning storm at sea- Stretched: O.K. so maybe it wasn't the ocean. We were boating on Tellico Lake in East Tennessee. But the lightning struck so close to the boat it made my hair stand up!



13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - Senior class trip. Nassau, Bahamas

15. Gone to a huge sports game - Da Bears vs St. Louis Cardinals! In Chicago. At Soldiers Field. Frozen my ass off. They lost thankyouverymuch.


17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - Stretched: When we were kids Mom had a garden in the back yard. We grew green peppers and tomatoes and little short stubby carrots.


22. Watched a meteor shower - Does Halley's Comet count?

31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - Regularly

34. Ridden a roller coaster - LOVE, LOVE, LURVE ‘em! The bigger the better!

36. Danced like a fool and didn't care who was looking - Every time I hit the dance floor! I have no shame. Think Elaine on Seinfield. Really, people have gone blind.



41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - See #13



47. Taken a road-trip - Many but just one for now...Drove from Steamboat to Santa Monica, then up the coast to San Francisco and back to Steamboat one spring. Stayed in state park campgrounds in tents.



49. Taken a midnight walk on the beach - see #13

58. Sung karaoke -Never again

62. Kissed in the rain

63. Played in the mud

64. Played in the rain - Every chance I get

65. Gone to a drive-in theatre - Not since we were kids. Mom & Dad had a VW bus with a moon roof. We used to stand on the seats and watch the movie out the top. Until the party poopers behind his honked!

67. Started a business - Tupperware, Angel pins and PartyLite

68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken

72. Gotten married - Twice

74. Crashed a party - twice (had nothing to do with #72)

75. Gotten divorced - Once (age 23)
83. Gotten flowers for no reason - the best kind
84. Performed on stage - grade school, I was a ballerina in a portrait

87. Eaten shark -Looks like steak, tastes fishy
88. Kissed on the first date - Oh yea! He was so HOT! (and I'm forward that way)
93. Been on a cruise ship - Honeymoon


95. Performed in Rocky Horror - Stretched: Only from the audience



108. Piloted an airplane - Stretched: It was a simulator. And I crashed, several times while trying to land at Meigs Field in Chicago. Hence the reason I haven't done it IRL this one.


113. Broken a bone - Dancing! See #36

114. Gone on an African safari - Stretched: Only if Disney’s animal kingdom tour counts
128. Had your picture in the newspaper - See#84
128. Ridden a horse - L.O.V.E !
132. Touched a cockroach - Stretched: Lo For real? With the bottom of my shoe!
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes -YUM!
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream - Thank you ELPH for helping me to learn that I'm worth more than I thought.
146. Dyed your hair