Saturday, October 18, 2008

First an Award, Now Prizes!

Do you remember those Orange & Green Squares I made for the Hopps for Hope Blanket? It was so much fun and it gave me the chance to try out some new stitches. And it was for a Great Cause! Such a great cause that Chris at Briar Rose Fibers (the most awesome hand painted yarns you’ll ever see) donated Prizes.
None of us got into this for prizes. Prizes weren’t even mentioned when this all started. We crocheted and knit squares because Holly is such an awesome person who’s always thinking of others. She’s the “Hey wouldn’t it be cool if we..” person in our crowd.

Where was I? Oh yea, Squares. Well apparently I made the Most Squares. *blush* And for this feat I received this….
That's 600 yards of Sport Weight, 100% Superwash Merino, handpainted yarn, called Grandmas Blessing from Briar Rose Fibers. And that’s not all! Holly really out did herself. Look what else she sent!

Fluff! Spinning Fluff! Ooo! Fluff! Now I can practice my spinning! I was SO not expecting this!
Oh but look what else!A Fat Cat Spinsanity Spindle and some of Em's Fiber !!! Can you believe it?!? Now I can really perfect my spinning in Fat Cat Style!

Here's a look at the entire package....

There's that beautiful hank of delicious yarn from Briar Rose. Isn't it Gorgeous?!
Next is Fluff! (O.K. I know it's called Roving but Fluff is so fun to say!)Fluff, fluff, fluff! Spinning fluff from Holly's very own stash! She's awesome like that. And for spinning that fluff is the most Awesome Fat Cat drop spindle! Did I mention that is hand made, hand painted by Shannon of Spinsanity Spindles. You can purchase her handmade spindles on her Etsy shop, or if your a touchy-feely-gotta try it out type person you can do just that at The Smoky Mountain Spinnery in Gatlinburg, TN, The Spinning Loft in Howell, MI and Threadbear Fiber Arts in Lansing, MI!
Next up are some very cool Star Wars stickers. (Bet you didn't know I saw that movie NINE TIMES in the theater when it first came out, did you?) and two WearYellow LiveStrong Lance Armstrong postcards.
That pink and yellow fluff? Thats Handpaited fluff from one of Em's batts! Yes, can you believe it?! Fibers by Em (That's Spinsanity's daughter!) can also be found at the Spinsanity Spindle Etsy Shop.

There's a big ass Q size crochet hook (a size I didn't have by the way), a VERY cool Wine Journal, (Oh Holly, you know me so well!) the thank you note and an Official Knit with Snot for You Membership card! I'm exhausted! But I have just two more Thank You's please! (because I'm almost out of exclaimation points....)

Thanks again Chris for donating some of your beautiful yarn!


And thanks Holly for the Kalamazoo comics. They were funny!