Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back in the Saddle again.

Alrighty then. The pity party is over and I’m back in the saddle. Got a new project on the hook and it’s going great. And the yarn was FREE! Weeee!







The Hubby and I and the Happy Dog drove to Columbia, SC to visit old friends K&T.

(They aren’t old,
we’ve just known them a long time.)











K can be a bit of a collector and years ago when she had more time on her hands she would knit and she bought seven or eight skeins of Tahki wool yarn in light denim. Well this weekend she decided that a) she no longer has time to knit, b) probably can’t even remember how to knit and c) doesn’t feel like kicking this basket of yarn around any longer. So after seeing the Elegant Shell I made, she gave the yarn to me.



In return (unbeknownst to her) I'm going to make something with it for her. The Turnberry Cardigan by Drew, The Crochet Dude, Embrosky. (and no I'm not spoiling the suprize by mentioning it here. She's too busy to make the sweater herself, and she's too busy to read frivoulous blogs like mine.)

I think it will be perfect for her. Especially since she picked out the yarn!


I also had a request for the pattern for my Wallet on a String Purse design! How cool is that?!? Now I just have to transfer it off the back of that envelope! :)