Monday, July 21, 2008

WOW, What a Trip!

I met Briar Rose Chris.

I MET CHRIS from BRIAR ROSE!!!!
OMG! I stood next to Chris of Briar Rose Fibers! I even had my picture taken with her! She hates to have her picture taken and made me swear requested that I not post it on my blog or any where else. ( although, I might be able to get away with posting in my bedroom mirror.)But I've gotten ahead of my self.

I'm a Fiber Fest Virgin. This was my Very First time.

There, I said it. And it was such a drool fest that I had to use both arms up to my elbows (and the back of Patti's shirt) just to keep from drooling all over the Pretties!













There were bags of lambs wool,

Buffalo hair Roving,


Suri Alpaca unshorn, ......................and shorn
Angora Rabbits


and Llama and Silk and Bambo.



There was even Pocket Art from a Cigarette Machine






And then...........






There was Briar Rose! I GASPED out loud! "This is Briar Rose!" The booth was jammed full but I just had to buy something. I asked the very nice woman running the booth if she had any Crochet Patterns but alas, no. Screw the patterns! Look at this yarn!!! I just wanted to crawl inside that trunk forever! I mentioned to the nice woman that I "stalked a blog of a girl in Michigan, Holly Bee?" She said "Oh we our LOVE Holly! Wait a minute, aren't you the girl with the bags?"
OMG! She knows me?!!?? Calm, must remain calm. "Why yes, I've made several Haley Waxberg net bags. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name?"
"I'm Chris."

AAAAAHH!!! Chris! THE Chris of Briar Rose! OMG! OMG! OMG!.......DON'Tt panic!!

Chris said "I had trouble with your site (I fixed it), I wanted to donate to Alzheimers and get one of your bags." Briar Rose Chris wants a bag crocheted by ME?!! Being the good crafter that I am I had not one, but two (pale green and a yellow) of said bags in my tote. Chris was very apprecative but hoping for a darker color. Life Saver Cousin Patti whips out the blue one I made for her and hands it over to Chris!


See? There it is! In Chris' very hands!





See? That's me failing miserably at
NOT FREAKING OUT cuz I'm standing next to Chris of Briar Rose!

See? On the right? That's her blond hair!





Well after that the day is a blur. When we got home this is what we had.


Patti bought an entire sheep fleece for spinning! It's gorgeous!



She bought yarn for dying, buffalo roving for spinning
and yarn for knitting.













I bought some sock yarn from Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool Co. and promised to actually finish a pair!





And my Briar Rose!
"Grace" from Briar Rose

60% Superwash Merino

30% Bamboo

10% nylon

I can't wait to start working with it!


After dinner (cooked by Patti's Awesome DH!) she gave me my First Spinning Lesson on her Louet!

I sort of got the hang of it. It's kinda like playing the drums or patting your head and rubbing your tummy while singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Maybe I should have waited to start drinking until after the lesson.

(Them are some hunka-hunka legs!)




Look! Look! My First Spinning!





Whew! I might be rested up by October.

Just in time for SAFF!