Monday, July 14, 2008

Midwest Fiber Fest!!!

I'm leaving on a jet plane! Don't know when I'll be back again.
(O.K. I'll be back on Sunday.)
Yes, in just 3 days I'll be winging my way into Chicago to stay with my Dear Cousin Patti (L84me2 on Ravelry) We are going to have such a blast at Midwest Fiber Fest http://www.fiberandfolk.com/ in Crystal Lake, Illinois. Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!!!
I've already started packing. I know, I know, I'm sick but this is normal for me. I'm a bit (a bit?) obsessive and I tend to over pack. So if I start early and go back and repack just what I NEED, not what I think I MIGHT use and my luggage doesn't weigh 95 pounds. I can usually pare it back to just a backback or under the seat carry on.


CHECK LIST;
socks a
underwear - (clean - always a good thing ) aa




comfy shoes -a

....hmmm....July in Chicago = HOT!
shorts (MUST lose weight first) (yea right!)

capris a

Ravelry T-Shirts aaand a











Double check the airline regulations for restrictions on hooks and scissors. I'm leaving on a jet plane!

On the Crochet Front
I completed the two color crocheted Clemson Tiger Paw. I (tried to) converted Amy Lynn Mitchell's knitted paw print design.










But don't think I got it quite right.

I'll have to pay closer attention to what I'm actually crocheting and not just blindly follow the written directions.






One good thing about carrying your yarn


is you can frog the dern thing and
re-use the yarn to perfect your design!
I bought a pillow insert for the Pattern Play in Clemson colors pillow cover wich is currently being blocked.