Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ass Project and Gatlinburg

Awhile back I got lost on the internet and stumbled into Derfwad Manor. It’s a place I now visit on purpose cause The “Lady” of the Manor, Mrs. G “has opinions about everything but is an authority on nothing.” Well Mrs. G has decided to run a 5k next spring. You can get the Background Story Here but in my opinion it boils down too is this: None of us is getting any younger (or thinner) or helping ourselves by just thinking about it. So I’m going to join Mrs. G in her “quest to pump a little more blood to her heart and a lot more grit and fortitude to her soul” in the Derfwad Manor '08 Ass Project. You can follow or join her journey (or not) over on her sidebar Derfwad Manor '08 Ass Project. I’ll post my progress report here on Wednesdays. Unlike Mrs. G (who is the bravest woman in the world) I will not be posting pictures of my hiney on the internet for the entire world to see. BUT (no pun intended) I will take said photos and stash them in my nightstand, in a book and under a book. I may be brave enough to post them next to the “after” pics in the Spring.

To start my fitness regimen I trudged around Gatlinburg, TN yesterday. Aside from the heat and humidity and the trudging we had a really nice day. My Nieces turned 12 yesterday. My sister and her husband and 3 of their kids were visiting my parents in Tennessee so I drove up to celebrate with them. Mom was having a good day but the P’s opted out of the all day shop-a-thon and decided to meet us for dinner (Run, Forrest! Run!) instead.

First stop: The Harley Shop.


The Bro-in-Law bought a Harley a few months back and seeing as he was awesome enough to put up with all us girls all day shopping we figured we’d let him get his stuff first.



Next, I had to find Smoky Mountain Spinnery. Find being the operative word.
They’re half a mile off the main drag…
.....UP HILL!! ........Upstairs!! .....Through the Fly Fishing Place!!
I thought I was going to pass out from heat stroke by the time I got there! Why did I have to find them?
They sell Spinsanity Spindles there! Alas, there were only two Spinsanity’s left and too light for this beginner.

Having trudged Half a Mile Up Hill I wasn’t leaving with out somethin’, Dern It!
(I got home after midnight and haven’t had a chance to try it yet but the one I tried in the store spun beautifully)

With my “chore for the day” done I could relax.

Right.



We shopped some more, rode the chair lifts
and shopped,
and visited the wax museum and shopped,
ate ice cream and shopped.


It was hot and humid but we really had a nice day.




The P’s met us at this pretty fountain before dinner at Bubba Gump’s!









You think that was the end of the day? Oh, no! We still hadn’t found “the perfect purse”!


Well I found mine.